ORDAINED EPISCOPAL MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL
Authorization to preach the Gospel, solemnize marriages, perform baptisms, confirmations, ministrations to the sick and all biblical and religious activities and services
All Christians whom are in agreement with our doctrinal statement are permitted to join the CRCI . *Note – If considering membership in the Council of Reformed Churches of India.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW.
Membership in the Council of Reformed Churches of India is open to Professional Clergy, Laypersons, Ministries, Christian Schools, Bible Colleges, Seminaries or Para Church Groups. If you qualify in one of these categories; you are welcome to join the CRCI.
You must agree to these four requirements or commitments.
- The First requirement is that every one applying for being Ordained as Episcopal Pastor / Episcopal Marriage License or going join into the Diocese or wants to be consecrate as Bishop must understand the Philosophy and Theology of CRCI by attending to CRCI – Theological Training for at least 1 year without fail by enrolling as member by paying minimum Fee.
- The second requirement is that the candidate must agree with our doctrinal statement, vision and ministry.
- Third you must agree to support the Council of Reformed Churches of India spiritually in prayer and financially.
Persons seeking Ecclesiastical Consecration as Bishop, Ordination for Episcopal
Pastorate or Episcopal Marriage License Certification from the CRCI must agree to a Fourth requirement.
The fourth requirement is you must agree serve and minister in accord with the CRCI Clergy Code of Ethics.
This credential is granted to a person who is a member of the CRCI and considered a part–time or a full–time minister. They are certified and authorized to preach, perform holy matrimony, baptize, exhort, confirm and practice any Biblical and religious activity pertaining to the office of an Ordained Minister in accordance with respective ordinances of their residence.
Your ordination will be secured after your application for membership and examination are completed and will be effective immediately when you receive your certificate.
A formal consecration service for ordination service can be held within your local church or be held at any CRCI Diocese by the CRCI Ordination Council.
In the course of formation, the Applicant file will be reviewed by the diocese Council on Ministry and the Bishop, who may approve progress from local Presbyter to candidate for Holy Orders, if there is no Presbyter/ Bishop in that regions then the applicant will be placed near by State/ Region , Bishop or Presbyter for review. This will typically happen between one and two years after admission as a applicant.
General Ordination Examinations are usually taken in last year of theological study. consist of 14 Sources divided in 6 modules as given below.
- The Holy Scriptures
- History of the Christian Church
- Christian Theology
- Christian Ethics and Moral Theology
- Christian Worship
- The Practice of Ministry
Application Enrollment – Kindly fill all the blanks